Z & I have been going down to Savannah, GA for St. Patrick’s day since we first started dating (we couldn’t make it one year but we’ve been 3 years now). It’s always a really special time because we get to spend time with his sister & her fiance! Now that we’ve been a few times here are some things we love to do! This year I went right after my sista’s bachelorette party and before the mandates came out about COVID-19. Hopefully future St. Patty’s celebrations will look like they did in the past.
1. Go to Savannah Smiles Dueling Piano Bar! – This dueling piano bar is an absolute highlight and MUST for our St. Patty’s day celebrations. They have a huge countdown in the background to St. Patty’s and the music is always phenomenal.
2. Walk on River Street! – Put on your green and join the masses down river street. One of my favorite activities is people watching.
3. Take in the sights at Peregrin’s – this rooftop is stunning and has amazing views of Savannah. If you’re looking for a spot to take a few pictures with the skyline this is the place you want to be at!
4. Grab a Gyro at Olympia Cafe
5. Check out the green water fountains at Forsyth Park
6. Take a walk around Tybee Island and grab an alcoholic drink from Wet Willies – my favorites are the shock treatment and call a cab.
7. Pick a spot and watch the parade! If you’re going to Savannah for St. Patrick’s day there’s no way you can miss the parade. This is always the highlight of the day for us and really puts us in the spirit.
Although our visits are always too short we love our time in Savannah with family. If you’re planning a trip to Savannah I hope this helps!